Thursday, June 25, 2009

The watering hole...


Do you ever consider the interactions that take place in or around the office water cooler? Its a marvel. Somehow every time I get up to get a drink of water, or a sip of coffee by the nearby coffee stand, some guy realizes that he's thirsty as well and comes over to join. Its an awkward place. Its a place like no other. Its a place where meaningless conversation, and mindless banter occurs, all for the sake of...simply taking place. Its an excuse to get up and stretch and a place to tell inside jokes or quote favorite movies. Its a place to reminisce about the days activities and gossip about your fellow cubicle dwellers. Its a place to release emotion, sadness, and joy. Its a place that cannot be replaced, and shouldn't.

But, does the water cooler increase production or slow it down? Does it help morale and serve as a refresher for your employees? I appreciate my water cooler and wouldn't change it for a thing.

The watering hole...excuse me, the water cooler, somewhat resembles your local bar - cozy, comfortable, and a lot of small talk.

Check out my watering hole, and send me pics of yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment