Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The view from atop!


Hello down there! ... I said HELLOOO DOWN THERE!

Phew! I assume you can't here that. Unless your hearing is unconventionally keen, it would be difficult, when standing on the ground, to hear me greet you with salutations from my lofty view here in my new cube. After relocating several times and finally arriving at a cozy cube by a window overlooking a pond and a mulberry tree. Everyday I fixate on birds of all species, colors and sizes. This week a scruffy Robin perched on a branch near the window and cleaned himself. It was one of the oddest things i've ever seen. This dirty little robin was scratching his head with his claw. It took him ten minuets to do it and I watched him the whole time...like a creeper.

This brings me to my main point. Maybe it is better for efficiency and workflow to put your employees in a cube facing a wall, much like my old cube. However, I am indeed much happier with my pleasant view and the work that I do gets done with a smile on my face and is completed with better quality.

So, I ask you: Do you think its better to have happy employees who get less work done but do it better because they are more relaxed and happier? Or do you think its better to have a somber employee without a view that gets more work done, but the quality is lacking?

See my view in the photo above. And Goooooooodddd byeeeee! (but you probably didn't hear that either)

1 comment:

  1. Happiness always wins in my book! We need to be able to smile, laugh, live, enjoy! It may make work a little bit easier, actually.

    Miss Lauren, I have been sitting here for an hour, mesmerized.I had NO IDEA you had a blog! Whatwhatwhat??? I have one too! Did I ever tell you that?

    Oh my gosh, I am so happy I've found this! Now I can read it when I miss you too much! And who knew you were such an intelligent, witty, entertaining writer? Not I. You are amazing. LOVE YOU!

    Oh! It's Kailey, by the way! (snackface.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete