Friday, July 31, 2009

Confessions from a... paint can?


Indeed, it is quite the adventure working at a start up company. My cubicle has been abandoned. Yes, abandoned. I have been outcast to every nook and cranny of the greater Cincinnati area and it has turned out to be quite the wild ride. Monday I worked at a coffee shop in Mason, Tuesday I worked in the corner of a quaint Mexican restaurant, Wednesday we found WiFi at Penera Bread, and both Thursday and Friday I worked in the sanctity of my own home.

Being a rouge drifter has its perks. The constant change up always keeps things fresh, and you get the privilege of coming up with clever excuses to explain to your conference call attendees why their is a mariachi band playing in the back ground ("Oh, that music? That's just the office next door.").

The photo featured above is an iphone snap shot of me working in an unfinished office. My legs (off screen) are resting on a paint can, and you see the windows and door lying on the floor behind me. You have to be creative, flexible, and above all, positive to be a drifter like me. You start to appreciate the little things, like electric outlets, and public restrooms. But above all, the spontenaity keeps you light on your feet and ready for battle. Multi-tasking has a whole new meaning, and I confess from my (not-so-cubicle-like) cubicle, that I am enjoying my life on the road.

Stay tuned for next weeks adventures... they are certainly bound to be grand.

3 comments:

  1. We have a nice desk all set up for you to use at Daylight Photo as a future remote location (located conveniently in Clifton, complete with Wi-Fi and artsy atmosphere). Stop by one day and take us up on the offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living the Dream my friend... Living the Dream!!

    ReplyDelete