Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A New Cubicle Journey Begins


It's a new era in the wacky world of cubicle confessions. I find myself again in a new cube with new fluorescents bronzing my pale Cincinnati skin and new (dare I say) synergies breezing in and out of the catacombs of the cubicle maze. However, this time something is different.

This new journey has me contemplating the uncertainties of my future career. Once again an intern, I have to work even harder to prove that I am as valuable as I think I am. It's humbling.


On a positive note, the aesthetics of my cube are almost endearing. On my first day of work I was greeted by a friendly pot of foe-orchids and several Microsoft Paint print-outs reading "Welcome Lauren!" It was a a real treat. A week later, my cube now contains a box of particularly soft tissues, a oddly placed roll of paper towels (which I have not touched for fear of where they came from), and an Associated Press Stylebook that I have been drooling over for the past two days. I "borrowed" this from the administrative assistant who sits by the CEO.

I am excited to begin my literally journey again and can't wait to see what happens in the next 11 weeks of my internship.


Tootles.

LA

1 comment: